Monday, February 19, 2007

Sydney

I've always prefered summer to winter and so making a late January trip down to Sydney for week sounded like a good idea. Also of some significance was the fact that Emma was there. We stayed in Bondi for a week, checked out the beaches and saw the sights.

I'm a huge fan of Sydney. The city is far more relaxed than London, is very clean, has lots of green, plenty to do, see and eat, and although it's hot it isn't humid. When I was there it reached 39 degrees!! The first day was pretty much a write-off since I can't sleep on planes and needed much resting time.
But on the second day we did a walk from Bondi beach down the coast to Coogee. The water was great and it was nice to get some sun on my pasty skin! On other days we saw the Opera House and Harbour Bridge, (we also climbed the bridge,) we checked out the NSW (?) Art Gallery, Botanical Gardens, more beaches, boat trips, and a funky market. Everthing was done at a very relaxed pace and I was really able to enjoy the city. I'm definately keen to return to Australia in the not too distant future, especially since many people have told me that other cities in some respects have more to offer than Sydney.



















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home